Sunday 10 May 2009

The Thought of Him - Toyin Adesokan

The Thought of Him

Toyin Adesokan

 

 

I am a man, that is who I am but behind this definition lays many definitions. I am a son, a brother, a friend, a colleague, a husband, a father, a neighbour and a visionary leader.

 

All these definitions come with responsibilities sometimes so enormous that I feel my head spin

 

Do not get me wrong, I do enjoy being all these but at times I am weighed down by many of the expectations, some of which does not really make sense to me and yet I am meant to fulfil them.

 

These are not all I battle with; as there is also the pressure for me to succeed, to arrive and build an empire for myself. This I find rather challenging.

 

I must confess I desire to be always on top of my game; to win medals, plagues, achieve feats and gain recognitions from my generation and those yet unborn, Infact I want my name to be written in gold and to leave my footprints in the sands of time.

 

These responsibilities and desires sometimes push me from the very person I know, acknowledge and recognise to be the most important person in my life.

 

I tell myself I need to start making more time for Him. I need to make Him my top priority. Yes, I even agree that He should occupy most of my thoughts, above all these other thoughts.

 

So I sit here today, I am wondering whether these other men feel this way too. Whether they feel that above all the relationships, above all the expectations, above all the challenges and even above all the personal goals, the thought of Him must get us on our knees to pray, the thought of Him must get us to study His words, the thought of Him must make us treat all the people in our lives with love and respect and the thought of Him must drive us to make godly choices even when all around us dictates otherwise.

 

This then is my prayer for the Helmsmen Fellowship, that as the fellowship is being inaugurated today, in the name of Jesus, all men present and those that will join later , will break free from all thoughts that beclouds our minds and allow the thought of God Almighty to be what directs what we do, think and say. So that each of us may boldly say like Solomon that to fear God and obey His commandments, that indeed is the whole duty of man. Amen

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online